- Store bought PCI card with two serial ports and a parallel port. If your computer has a parallel port already you won't need this.
- Dead PlayStation
- PSU. Supplies 7.6 and 3.6 volts.
- Controller ports
- Controller. Any type should work. Mine are DualShock
- Memory card. Any type should work. The one I have now is Interact, in the past I have used official Sony cards as well.
- A bunch of wire
- DB25 male plug
- DB25 straight through cable
- PortTalk. Required to talk to the parallel port in Windows XP.
- MemoryCard Captor Sakura. I recommend the version here.
- Win95/98: DirectPadPro
- WinXP: PPJoy
The PSU pinout is:
5 MOUT (reset signal)
|MemoryCard Captor Sakura showing the contents of my memory card.|
|Early wiring. The lights are on :)|
|Done, tested and working.|
|Put it all back in the PlayStation case.|